More Excitement On The Coronation

Somerset Diver's trips are advertised on this forum, but if you are just looking for a dive buddy or want to just get together for a dive, please feel free to leave a message here.

More Excitement On The Coronation

Postby Ken » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Pete and I were lucky enough to be invited to dive the Coronation again at Plymouth today with part of the regular team. To say it is getting chilly out there would be an understatement. But the sun was shining and we were in the shelter of the cliffs.
First we had the pleasure of a pod of dolphins cruising past us, then into the water for a bimble about. Viz was not bad at a good 6m and we worked our way round the nooks and crannies. Near the end of the dive, stuck between 2 rocks, a round thing sticking out. Now having just had a talk from Mark on the Coronation at the Somerset Divers end of season do, this round thing looked very much like the pewter plate he had shown us.
So now a dilemma, the words of Ginge ringing in our ears "Don't you dare bring anything up", what to do, try and mark it and bring the team back at a later date, or risk the wrath of Ginge.
Yep I am coward I left it there and tried to remember how we got there.
So is it treasure or is it a bit of old metal ? So it is now down to Pete and I being able to navigate back to the same spot, so a good chance it will be there in another 300 years :)
Watch this space.
Ken
Platnum Member

Re: More Excitement On The Coronation

Postby Ken » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:23 am

Just an update, Pete and I returned to the Coronation Wreck site yesterday under great pressure and micky taking that we would never find the plate again.
Well :D :D
We came up trumps. We dropped in on the same mark and after 20 minutes we found it. To say we were rather chuffed would be an understatement.
So back to The Lamb for a couple of celebratory pints and good old bragging rights.
Ken
Platnum Member

Return to Buddy Talk