Brixham on Saturday for a dive, NEC Sunday

Somerset Diver's trips are advertised on this forum, but if you are just looking for a dive buddy or want to just get together for a dive, please feel free to leave a message here.

Brixham on Saturday for a dive, NEC Sunday

Postby Ken » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 pm

We will be heading down to Brixham Breakwater this saturday, weather looks good so got to make the most of it. 10.30 in the car park 2pm high tide. Several are already coming so if you need a buddy no problem. Limited guided dive space.
Then on sunday Elaine and I are heading up to the Dive Show at the NEC to see what bargains are about.
I think I might need a new 3mm for the Red Sea next month, mine keep shrinking :D
Let me know if you are coming to either.
Ken
Platnum Member

Re: Brixham on Saturday for a dive, NEC Sunday

Postby scaff » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Sorry I can't make it my ear infection seems to be causing some issues

Dive......'cause you love it

scaff
Platnum Member

Postby Ken » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Mmm, if your ears look like that best stay indoors.
Ken
Platnum Member

Postby SueB » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:30 pm

Blimey!!....I didn't think I talked 'that' much last time I was in the van, to make such permanent damage?! :mrgreen:
Shame you can't make it Scaff...
SueB
Gold Member

Postby silentbob » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:20 pm

sorry can't make either bummer.
Dive to day

Work tomorrow Sod that Dive every day

http://www.thehomeplanet.co.uk
silentbob
Silver Member

Postby star69 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Looking at a house @3... so gutted!!!
star69
Bronze Member

Postby Ken » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:14 pm

A good day down at Brixham although the viz was not too special, 3m. A few fresh sushi scallops in between dives, rather nice. Plenty of macro wildlife down there, a few cuttlefish.
Hazel, Christine I think you are ready for the Red Sea, not sure the Red Sea is ready for you though :mrgreen:
There were certain divers having trouble with the waves as they tried to exit, rolling around on the beach giggling away, they will remain anonymous, well for now as long as they buy me a pint on the 12th :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The day was ended with a seal patrolling just off the beach. But last sunday and monday a dolphin was playing with divers in the same spot, don't believe it, pop in the Bistro for a coffee and ask the boss to see the video, brilliant.
Up early for the dive show, see you at the NEC tomorrow.
Ken
Platnum Member

Postby SueB » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:53 am

:mrgreen: ..ooooh, looks like I owe you yet another pint then!!.....I don't mind admitting....it was great fun giggling in the surf...!..just shows I need even more practice at shore diving, maybe I've been spoilt just being able to jump off a boat!?

Great day - thank you, and especially to Neil and Liam....we saw loads of life, although had we seen the dolphin I really would have been excited! :D
SueB
Gold Member

Postby JennL » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:37 pm

I was the other one who couldn't get out on either dive. Thanks Peter for your help, I owe you the pint for dragging me up onto my feet. I was carrying that weighty camera that totally throws me off balance.

Nethertheless, a fab day, and as Ken said some great sealife, plus a few scallies for Sunday lunch :mrgreen:

Thanks to buddy Donna for two great dives, including a successful navigated second dive :mrgreen:
JennL
Bronze Member

Postby Ken » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:12 pm

And there I was being a gentleman and not naming you two rolling around in the surf. It doesn't happen very often, me being a gentleman I mean.
Ken
Platnum Member

Next

Return to Buddy Talk